Revised September 2017
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect includes:
- Server-Based Data. Information our servers collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, crashes, system activity, your access times, other server log information, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site. If you are using our Application, this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your country, and other interactions with the Application and other users via server log files.
- Device Data. Device information, such as your device ID, model, and manufacturer, operating system, version information, IP address, and information about the location of your device.
- Application Information. We may request access or permission to certain features from your device, including but not limited to your device’s camera, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Personal Information. We may collect, using various methods, your: name, email address, username, password, country of use, address, phone number, etc. You may opt out of this collection by requesting such, to us.
- Our Application’s main purpose is to allow you to annotate long texts, often in the form of scripts. Your workflow typically requires these texts to be provided to our application, where they may be stored locally with us or in your folders. Although this is technically a collection of data, we have no rights to said scripts whatsoever. We do no collect this information to use or disclose for any purpose, except for your direct use of our Site and Application.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site or our Application to:
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site and/or our Application.
- Communicate with you and/or respond to product and customer service requests.
- Contact you with updates and marketing-related offerings regarding our Site and Application.
- Communicate with third parties, as noted below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situation, however, we will never share your scripts. Other information of yours may be disclosed as follows:
- By Law or to Protect Rights. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to a legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
- We may share your information with our affiliates. Affiliates include any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your information with investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect all collected information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information we collect is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the complete security of collected information and we assume no liability whatsoever for any damages caused by release of collected information.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
23823 Malibu Road, Suite 50-281
Malibu, CA 90265